Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Guam

As my time here dwindles down, I am starting to get sad. I only have 27 working days left and 51 calender days left. Ronnie ships the Jeep out this week and then juggling getting us back and forth to work starts....(not going to be fun). The first week in April we pack out all of our stuff. Shelly will get a few packages to hold for us!

We will live out of suitcases and seabags until..... Not sure when. This is our tricky part. We have been looking for a house to buy in San Diego (which scares the hell out of me). Everyone that we have seen that we like has been sold and of course the market is now started to bounce back. As if the San Diego market is not high enough!

I am starting to get sad about leaving. This is one of the difficult yet exciting parts of the military. You go somewhere and get settled in and comfortable then you have to move to a new location and start over. It is difficult because it takes the average person 6-12 months to truly settle and get comfortable. The you pick up other tasking and 'expand' your scope of responsibility/involvements. Shortly thereafter, you get orders to a new location and begin preping for the move. The exciting part is looking back and noticing the impact you have made on people and getting to go somewhere new. Starting over just stinks!

I have issues when it comes time to pack out my stuff. I get all girly and call my aunt who has been through this process and I act like a big baby. I don't know what it is but it just gets to me to watch someone pack up all of my stuff and haul it away on a truck. Hopefully it will not be so hard this time with Ronnie here.

No comments: